Wednesday, January 9, 2008

One day down...SOOOOO many to go!

So, yesterday was a good one for the new "healthy living". I put in the Turbo Jam videos I've had now for over 2 months and finally did one. Let me tell ya...it was so fun!! I started out with the Learn & Burn and I get a little lost in some spots, but it is a blast and I worked up a great sweat. When Jarrett came home, we both did the Learn & Burn again. He wanted to try it out and he didn't care for it as much as I did. I also used the Ab Roller twice yesterday and did some leg exercises while laying on the couch. All in all, a great day! I DO have to say though...I am sore today! lol But at least it's a "good" sore, if that makes any sense.

Here's the rest of the breakdown for yesterday:

Calories (between 1200-1500): :( I went over a little bit. I didn't realize how bad the leftover wedding soup was! Those white flour noodles are a killer!
Water (between 80-120 oz): :) I did VERY good on this!!
Exercise: 40 min of cardio (Turbo Jam), approx 20 min misc exercises (ab roller, legs)

Yesterday was a pretty low key day. We just hung out around the house and did nothing. I have a LOT of catching up to do today though! Our Christmas decorations are still up....I know...pathetic, eh?!!? They are in the process of coming down today. I also have laundry to do and also a church Session meeting tonight. I haven't been to church much in the past 2 months. I'm kinda burned out by the negativity surrounding it and I've been avoiding it like the plague. I missed the last 2 Session meetings because of it, so I decided to suck it up and try to overcome it. Being more positive....

Word for the year
On that note...my word for 2008, ala Ali Edwards, is...
POSITIVE

Yep, it's time to get back to the happy-go-lucky person that I used to be. I have been so stressed out this year with this house being up for sale, getting together ideas/plans for the building of the new house, money issues, and in the process of all of that...gaining 35 pounds, which made me even more miserable. Now, I've noticed that I'm just crabby, miserable, and a little depressed almost all the time. I want to get over the stress and get happy all the time again. I know it can happen, so this is my pledge...staying POSITIVE!!

Alrighty...off to pick up Christian from preschool. Have a wonderful day!! {HUGS}

No comments: