Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sick to my stomach...

about all of the violence that is going on right now. It is so sad and horrifying to see all of the stuff on the news about the Virginia Tech killings. Makes me wonder about the world that we are living in and that we are raising our children in. How do people end up this way? Why do they do what they do?

It is disgusting to me. How are you supposed to feel safe in this society. How can you live without fear? I am always worried that something is going to happen to the people that I love. It has gotten way worse since I had children. Unbelievable...People killing each other "just because". Sick...

Then I hear this....2 of the high schools in my area have had bomb threats in the past couple days. The high school where I graduated from (and the school district that Christian goes to preschool and that we are moving back to) had writing on the bathroom wall and a note threatening a bomb for tomorrow (Thursday). Parents were already given the option to have their children stay home from school tomorrow. My mom also drives a school bus for that district and I am worried about her. What if....ya know?

The second high school that had a bomb threat is literally at the top of my road. 4 houses away from ours. :( I just heard this about 5 minutes ago and I am SICK.... This threat mentions tomorrow as a date as well. They have tightened security, cancelled all school activities and have a lockdown search today at 4:00 to check the entire school and tomorrow there is a ban on backpacks as well as a search on every student when they get there. I am SICK to my stomach. :( Anyways, sorry for the bummer of a post. I just needed to get it off my chest.

Lighter note...

We are all starting to feel better finally. Thank goodness!!! Also....

I'M HAVING A SALE!!! 50% OFF ALL MY DESIGNS AT ELEMENTAL SCRAPS
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Plus...if you read my entry from Christian's bday, you'll find a little coupon to add to it!
New LO Posted
I posted a new LO too! It uses Lie Fhung's Evening Falls kit at Ztampf. I had a blast with this one! It's not my usual style, but when I saw those moon and stars, I wanted to do something fun with them. :)
In my gallery here
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
See ya!
On that note...I'm done ranting for the day. Hope you all are having a good week! {HUGS}

6 comments:

Petra said...

men, these things are so scarry and I also worry a lot...what if?? Well the risk here in Holland is probably a little lower, but you never know, right?
I´m so sorry for all those people who lost loved ones with the shooting..so sad!

That bomb thing also sounds really scarry and I think I would let my kids stay home! Hope this all turns out ok!

About the cleaning...I would love to coem over and clean for you..Id I lived aorund the corner and you would pay me..LOL. I also soo hate cleaning, but hey someone has to it!! And now smurfs to be seen over here...too bad, huh? LOL

Have a great day and take it easy!!

SarahG said...

What a great sale! I love that LO with him sleeping on the moon It's just fabulous :)

Anonymous said...

great sale !! Off to check it out right now...
And yes, that violence is so awefull .makes me scared taking the kids to school !!

Unknown said...

Love the LO Mel.. and your completly entitled to your rant. It scares the crap out of me also.. I just don't get it.. it seems everywhere is just self destructing.

Anonymous said...

Cool LO!
And from one lemon-lovin' chic to another, thanks for the coupon and the 411 on the sale. This blog train keeps getting better and better.

Lena Brandenburg said...

It is scary and sickening, you are right :( What a great sale and a great ad...I love your layout, too! Fhung's stuff is just awesome...and happy belated to your big boy! Have a great day!