Thursday, March 15, 2007

My "date"...

I got to have a "date" with Christian on Tuesday!! :) He had a field trip with his school and the parents were allowed to go if they wanted as well. We got to ride a school bus downtown to Heinz Hall and see the Pittsburgh Symphony perform a "Tiny Tots" concert. TOO CUTE!!! It was "the tortoise and the hare" and was all about slow/fast music. I thought he may be kinda bored by it, but he wasn't! It was amazing. He was telling me when each instrument came in and what it was...just by listening!! And he was right!! Then, he recognized some of the songs they were playing because they were used in the cartoon Little Einsteins. One of his teachers were sitting next to me and she was shocked when he started humming along to it!! Yes...it was a proud mommy moment! There was my little guy...humming along to classical music, listening to the symphony, and pointing out the instruments. :) What a cutie pie! He fell asleep on the bus ride back to the school and it was so nice. He was snuggled up all against me in the seat and it was so quiet and relaxing just holding him.

I don't have any pics from the day because I didn't think cameras would be allowed in the theater. Dumb, dumb, dumb!! You weren't allowed to take pics during the concert, but I could have gotten some great ones before/after and the bus ride!! :( *pouting* Jarrett took one of the 2 of us before we left though, which is better than nothing! I'm going to try to find a couple of the theater online to use in a LO too.

We also got to go out with some friends on Tuesday night. My parents and my sister played with the kids at our house so that we could go out for my friend's bday. We went to a great little bar and had a few drinks and some dinner. They have THE BEST wings there! Mmmmm... We had a lot of fun and it was nice to get out.

Today was a nice, bum around the house day. I've been cleaning/organizing a bit in the house. We're hoping to get it up on the market to try to sell sometime in the next 4-6 weeks and I want to declutter a bit. There are a lot of little projects that need to be done before then and I want everything to look clean and clear. KWIM? We're going to store some of our stuff somewhere else so that the house looks bigger and not as personal. I've been reading up on some staging tips, so if you have any...let me know!

Hope you all had a great day! Talk to you soon! {{HUGS}}

4 comments:

ymA said...

Oh, I can't wait to see this layout. Sounds like a fun, fun, fun time =)

Betty Jo said...

What an adorable little guy your son is. Amazing he knew all the instruments. Perhaps he'll play one day himself. :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo of you and your little boy,Mel! Thanks for dropping by:)

Hugs

Anonymous said...

Love the piccy of your and Christian! He's so adorable! And how cute that he was humming along! Looks like you two had a great day! Cant wait to see the layout :)
Hugs
Kirsty