Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'm back!!!

I'm back!!!!

Thursday was Christian's preschool end of the year program and it was TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!!! :) He looked so grown-up in front of everyone and of course, proceeded to ham it up for the audience. Yes...he likes to steal all the attention! LOL He was one of 3 boys who got to come up front, wear fireman hats, and sing a special fireman song....too adorable! He's been walking around the house singing for weeks now and I just love hearing his little voice. During the program, he was so cute. I heard him lean over to his little friend, point, and say "there's my momma and daddy over there!". LOL Guess he was excited! There was also a part where they needed a partner and another little boy didn't want to be partner with a girl. And guess who was there willing to take his place!!!! ;) My little studman, Christian, ditched the boy he was partner with to grab the little girl. Too funny!!! We went out to lunch with the in-laws afterwards and then left right away for our trip to the Outer Banks.

As you all know, Jarrett was the best man and it was an "adult only" wedding. It KILLED me to leave the kids with my in-laws for so long. I seriously was upset for hours into the trip. We stopped in Norfolk, VA on Thursday night and I got to meet up with a digi scrapper that I'm good friends with, Hollie! We had a great time and it was so fun to meet her! Thanks, sweetie! I had a blast!!!

Friday, we drove the rest of the way to Cape Hatteras (Outer Banks) and started on the "wedding duties". We had SO much to do and it was NON-STOP through Saturday night. They had the wedding at a bed & breakfast and the owner did hardly anything to help! We had to set up tables, chairs, move a wood pile that was near the wedding site, set up centerpieces, rolling silverware, etc....UNBELIEVABLE!!! We worked our butts off the whole time and it looked beautiful when it was done, but whew...we were whooped!! The maid of honor didn't do much at all, so I was the unofficial "helper" to everyone! LOL They are good friends and I wanted their wedding to be "perfect", so we all did what we could to make it that way.

We actually got to spend time together and do what we wanted on Sunday! We went to the Hatteras lighthouse, walked on the beach, stopped at a few stores/restaurants, stopped to see Grave Digger (the monster truck) to take lots of pics for Christian, then stayed overnight in Front Royal, VA. We woke up, went to some beautiful caverns, and started homeward. We stopped to shop/eat and ended up at my in-laws to get the kids. We had to get all their stuff together and hear about the weekend. We were all SO GLAD to see each other!!! I haven't stopped hugging them yet! LOL

Jarrett took off work yesterday to spend time with the kiddos and we had SO much fun! It was Christian's last day of school, we took them to Toys R Us, and went to the zoo. Then, we went to my parent's house to eat dinner with them and let them see the kids. What a nice, relaxing day!

Anyways, I'm glad to be back and start eating right/exercising again. I gained 4 pounds while gone!!!! I missed all you girlies! I'll post some pics after I get them all downloaded/sorted.

No comments: